Wednesday 29 December 2010

Resolutions and Retrospective

Hi everyone, it's been a long time since I wrote on this little blog of my own. I was in computer rehab for Christmas, I hope you enjoyed Christmas as much as I did. Now that Christmas is past it's time to think of the New Year that is coming so fastly. First of all, New Year means it's time for resolutions, and I'll try to do my best to keep them this year.

1. Try to spend less money on clothes and things like that (unrealistic)
2. Try to make some clothes that I can actually wear with my brand new sewing machine :)
3. Do sports? I alwalys do sports so a different one? We'll see.
4. Learn a new language, German perhaps? ( I already speak French, English, and I have base in Spanish, yeah!)
5. Be happy :)

Those resolutions make me think of the past and I think it's the time to do the fashion retrospective of this year. Oh Mon Dieu, what a year! If we look in Haute-Couture I think that my favorite collections were Christian Dior and Chanel. One was very colorful and the other the opposite. One was avangardist and the other more classic. They still remain my favorites.

I think it's very difficult for me to choose for the best adds and campaigns, so I went on models.com, I think they made quite good choices. I do not agree with all but some are my favorites too.

Campaigns
Bottega Veneta F/W 2010. I love the posing. It's not my favorite but I think it deserve a place here just because of the artistic look. (ph: Robert Longo)
Givenchy F/W 2010. When I saw this campaign in one of my magazines it catched my eyes. The bright colours and the dynamic make this campaign work 110% for me. (ph: Mert Alas and Marcus Piggott)
Louis Vuitton F/W 2010. I love this collection, so I love this campaign! It's so classy and beautiful probably my favorite. Don't you want to buy anything that these girls are selling? I do. (ph: Steven Meisel, the master)

Editorials
Oh gosh. I had difficulties choosing my favorites! I chose those two, but I could have picked 50.
Star Signs, in British Vogue by Tim Gutt. I love this editorial, the poses are amazing. All the creative ideas are fantastic. Me gusta!
Water & Oil, in Vogue Italia by Steven Meisel. This one is absolutely stunning. Look at the details. I think that my credits for this one go to the photographer who did an amazing job capturing this.

Models

What a year. How to choose? I decided to take the favorite of models.com. This woman deserves her place totally. And the other one is my favorites, the new it-girl.
Lara Stone. It was her year. She was everywhere. She deserves totally this place as the number one model of 2010. Chapeau!
Karlie Kloss. The new it-girl. I think her Dior campaigns was fantastic, she's one girl to watch.

That's it for my retrospective. There's more to say about this year in the fashion industry, but I think that my choices are quite like what happened this year.

What are your resolutions for 2011??


2 comments:

  1. Hey i really like your blog, there's alot of inspiration.
    Heres my resolutions-live high, be awesome, love much, loosen up, laugh harder, get real, cheer up, dream big, be strong, aim higher. Yea there's quite alot. Btw thanks for commenting on my blog
    just returning the favor. HAPPY NEW YEAR xxxxxxxxxxoooooooooxxxxxxxxxooooo

    ReplyDelete
  2. i really like that water & oil editorial, it gives me goosebumps just looking at it.
    the star signs were very creative..

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for commenting/following I always take the time to respond to everybody :)